Zeus (Gods and Heroes of the Ancient World)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
The first book to capture a complete picture of the most important of Greek gods in one reliable volume for almost seventy years, this masterly and comprehensive study brings a new-millennium examination of the fascinating god Zeus.
Broad in scope, the book looks at myth, art, cult, philosophy, drama, theology and European painting amongst much more, and allows us to take seriously what it was to worship and respect the greatest of Greek gods, and to live through the aftershock of the Middle Ages and modern times.
Showing the evidence along the way, Zeus is student-friendly and includes:
- a range of illustrations and maps
- translated passages from ancient authors
- a chronology and excellent indexing.
Looking at the ancient Greeks their predecessor and their successors – the Romans and beyond – the book is engagingly written and speaks to a modern audience: this is Zeus from our remote ancestors to Wagner, and into the computer age.
- File Size: 2244 KB
- Print Length: 193 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0415305020
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Routledge; 1 edition (December 12, 2005)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000OT7VUE
- ISBN: 0415305020