The Closed Captioning Handbook
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
This guide will give you the know-how you need to be in compliance with U.S. closed captioning mandates through 2012!
THE CLOSED CAPTIONING HANDBOOK gives you what you need to:
* Understand and comply with captioning laws, including the Telecommunications * * Act and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
* Purchase, understand and use captioning equipment
* Select and hire captioning professionals
* Use captioning for broadcast TV, digital TV, DVD, movie theaters, Internet, streaming media and more
* Design standards-compliant captioning software
* Understand the terminology of captioning, broadcasting and deafness
Captioning laws are varied, complex and fluid. THE CLOSED CAPTIONING HANDBOOK provides implementation timetables, exceptions, and up-to-date information on the latest FCC ruling, along with a historical perspective on the U.S. laws–all explained in a clear, simple language with supporting quotes from government documents.
Closed captioning is infiltrating every aspect of the broadcast industry, and THE CLOSED CAPTIOINING HANDBOOK is the only comprehensive handbook that explains what it is, how it works, and how to use it. A pioneer and leader in the field, Gary Robson is a true evangelist for captioning and accessibility for dead and hard-of-hearing people.
Focal Press is a proud sponsor of www.captioncentral.com, your online resource for articles, news and other resources in closed captioning.
- File Size: 5431 KB
- Print Length: 375 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Focal Press; 1 edition (March 29, 2004)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002DMKZ80
- ISBN: 0240805615