Estimating in Building Construction
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
The only complete, up-to-date guide to estimating modern building construction projects — now updated, expanded, and incorporating many additional workbook problems.
Now updated and expanded, Estimating in Building Construction, Eighth Edition, brings together everything needed for a complete, modern course in estimating. Building on well-proven previous editions, it combines sound coverage of principles with step-by-step procedures to help students learn concepts more easily. Ideal for construction, architecture, and engineering students, it reflects the popular approach of tracking a complete project's progress. There are examples of estimating portions of the building that many General Contractors perform, and thorough coverage of the use of specialty subcontractors. This edition adds a new discussion of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and more detailed discussions of estimating equipment cost, electrical, plumbing (including fire sprinklers), and HVAC. For convenience and cost savings, workbook problems that accompanied the previous edition have been incorporated into the book.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This book will help construction, architecture, and engineering students quickly master today's best practices for estimating building construction projects. It provides:
- Extensive examples and problems designed to link theory to practice: Helps students deepen the judgment skills they will need to succeed in real-world estimating
- Expanded and updated coverage of today's key challenges and techniques–Helps students master the latest industry practices and standards, and utilize key innovations such as Building Information Modeling
- Includes extensive reference resources for professional estimating: Gives students resources they can rely on throughout their careers, from sample specifications to spreadsheets
- File Size: 34741 KB
- Print Length: 360 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 2 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Pearson; 8 edition (February 13, 2014)
- Publication Date: February 13, 2014
- Sold by:Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00IEKT5OU
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.