Dominican Republic (Other Places Travel Guide)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
Having spent a combined five years in the Dominican Republic as Peace Corps Volunteers, Katherine and Evan bring a wealth of knowledge to this travel guide for the Dominican Republic. Their relaxed authenticity and unique perspective inspire wanderlust in any reader. Whether you come to explore centuries-old colonial ruins, climb the highest peak in the Caribbean, find a surfer’s paradise, or simply hang out with the locals, we provide all the insider information you need. With an emphasis on sustainable tourism while providing travelers with rich, multi-faceted insight, this book enables readers to travel like a local and experience the country like few outsiders can.
- Put on your dancing shoes for some merengue, your mask for Carnaval, or your baseball hat to experience the country’s national pastimes. We’ll show you the local spots to truly take in the Dominican way of life.
- Find the best places for live music and exceptional eateries personally recommended by our authors and their countrywide network of local friends.
- Discover the biodiversity of the country’s national parks by visiting everything from isolated beaches to rugged mountains.
- Detailed maps and transportation sections make it easy to navigate the country. Whether you are travelling by bus, rental car, or a little bit of everything, we’ll show you how to get around like a local.
- Stroll through the Colonial Zone in Santo Domingo with our self-guided walking tour, highlighting the best cultural spots and places to relax in this historic neighborhood.
- File Size: 2033 KB
- Print Length: 374 pages
- Publisher: Other Places Publishing (January 4, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007N55ZQE
- ISBN: 1935850091