DBA Survivor: Become a Rock Star DBA
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
DBA Survivor is a book to help new DBAs understand more about the world of database administration. More and more people are moving into the DBA profession, and many are looking for a getting-started guide. Blogs are written about how to be an exceptional DBA and what to do in your first 100 days. This book takes a different approach, injecting some humor into helping you understand how to hit the ground running, and most importantly how to survive as a DBA.
And it’s not just survival that matters. Author Thomas LaRock wants much more for you than mere survival. He wants you to have excellence, competence, visibility, confidence, and service. These are the traits and characteristics of DBAs who truly succeed and become respected in their profession. Don’t settle for just muddling through your job each day. Strive to excel. Aim to make a difference, for your clients, and for your colleagues.
- Focuses on the soft skills that distinguish truly exceptional DBAs
- Takes a humorous approach to keep readers engaged
- Written by a SQL Server MVP and board member of PASS
What you’ll learn
- Get off to a solid start on day one.
- Learn the basics of database administration.
- Understand different types of database support.
- Benefit from ongoing DBA training.
- Stay in top physical, mental, and emotional shape.
- Raise your profile in the DBA community.
Who is this book for?
The general audience for this book consists of new database administrators, including people who have been in the role for one to two years, regardless of company size.
- File Size: 874 KB
- Print Length: 186 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1430227877
- Publisher: Apress; 1 edition (March 22, 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B003VPWXSI
- ISBN: 1430227877