Civil Engineer’s Handbook of Professional Practice
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
A well-written, hands-on, single-source guide to the professional practice of civil engineering
There is a growing understanding that to be competitive at an international level, civil engineers not only must build on their traditional strengths in technology and science but also must acquire greater mastery of the business of civil engineering. Project management, teamwork, ethics, leadership, and communication have been defined as essential to the successful practice of civil engineering by the ASCE in the 2008 landmark publication, Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge for the 21st Century (BOK2). This single-source guide is the first to take the practical skills defined by the ASCE BOK2 and provide illuminating techniques, quotes, case examples, problems, and information to assist the reader in addressing the many challenges facing civil engineers in the real world. Civil Engineer’s Handbook of Professional Practice:
- Focuses on the business and management aspects of a civil engineer’s job, providing students and practitioners with sound business management principles
- Addresses contemporary issues such as permitting, globalization, sustainability, and emerging technologies
- Offers proven methods for balancing speed, quality, and price with contracting and legal issues in a client-oriented profession
- Includes guidance on juggling career goals, life outside work, compensation, and growth
From the challenge of sustainability to the rigors of problem recognition and solving, this book is an essential tool for those practicing civil engineering.
- File Size: 26527 KB
- Print Length: 744 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (March 31, 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004V4FGK0
- ISBN: 047043841X
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.