Bioethics and Public Health Law, Third Edition
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
Bioethics and Public Health Law is based on Part II–The Patient, the Provider, and the State, of parent book Health Care Law and Ethics, and adds additional coverage a variety of issues and topics not covered in the parent book. Integrating public health, financial and ethical issues, this casebook uses compelling case law, clear notes, compelling problems and comprehensive background information to illuminate the complex and dynamic field of bioethics and public health care law.
The Third Edition includes recent cases and developments in biotech, including stem cell research and gene patents, and has been updated for HIPPA coverage, DNA research and biobanks. Discussions of confidentiality and informed consent include new legislative and judicial responses to posthumous reproduction and the challenges arising from international reproductive tourism.
- Comprehensive yet concise, this casebook covers all aspects of bioethics and the complex relationships between patients, providers, the state, and public health institutions.
- Includes cases and materials on Bioethics not found in the parent book, including:
- Duty to treat.
- Wrongful reasons to reject patients.
- Informed consent and experimentation.
- Conflicts of interest.
- The right to health care.
- Integrates public health and ethics issues from a relational perspective.
- Companion website provides background materials, updates of important events, additional relevant topics and links to other resources on the Internet.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition includes:
- Sections on confidentiality and conflict of interest.
- Expanded coverage of palliative care, DNA research and biobanks.
- Updates for HIPPA coverage and enforcement, PrEP for persons at risk for HIV, public health measures and litigation regarding obesity and nutrition.
- International aspects of public health, including Millenium Goals, WHO reform, and efforts to improve global health governance.
- Legislative and judicial responses to posthumous reproduction, anonymity for game donors
- New biotech case law, including Sherley v. Sebelius and Ass’n for Molecular Pathology v. U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- File Size: 2204 KB
- Print Length: 764 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1454805358
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Aspen Publishers; 3 edition (May 31, 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00D95DBWC
- ISBN: 1454805358
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.