An Introduction to Sociolinguistics (Blackwell Textbooks in Linguistics)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
Fully updated to reflect the most recent scholarship in the field and revised to include many more pedagogical features, An Introduction to Sociolinguistics, 7th Edition builds on its foundation as the most preeminent textbook in sociolinguistics, updated for today’s students.
• Significantly revised discussions throughout each of the book’s four key parts reflect the state of the field today
• Includes new chapters on Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis, and Sociolinguistics and Education
• Incorporates innovative new perspectives drawn from linguistic anthropology
• Provides an accessible history of the development of sociolinguistic thought and how this fast-moving field is integral to our lives
• Includes numerous opportunities for students to engage with ideas presented in the text through a new glossary, new Explorations and end-of-chapter exercises, links, and key concepts
• New companion website includes links and resources for students
- File Size: 2612 KB
- Print Length: 449 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 7 edition (October 24, 2014)
- Publication Date: October 24, 2014
- Sold by:Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00OWUPXB0
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.