All Things Considered: (Revised Edition) (The Princeton Language Program: Modern Chinese)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
Designed for students who have completed at least two years of college Chinese, this thoroughly revised edition of All Things Considered bridges the gap between intermediate- and advanced-level Chinese. Lessons promote student discussion and include thought-provoking topics relevant to contemporary Chinese society, such as the increasing divisions between the rich and poor, the conflict between economic development and environmental protection, and changing attitudes toward sex and marriage. The first twelve lessons in the book are in dialogue form, while the remaining lessons are adapted from Chinese newspaper and magazine articles, exposing students to spoken and written styles of Chinese. Some topics appear in both the dialogues and articles sections, giving students ample opportunity for review and reinforcement, improving their overall grammar and vocabulary retention.
With a new user-friendly format, All Things Considered juxtaposes text and vocabulary on adjacent pages. Grammar explanations and exercises have also been fully updated to meet student needs.
- Third-year Chinese language textbook
- Bridges the gap between the intermediate and advanced levels
- Covers thought-provoking topics essential to contemporary Chinese society
- Includes both dialogues and articles that reinforce grammar and vocabulary
- Improved explanations and exercises
- New user-friendly format
- File Size: 58546 KB
- Print Length: 456 pages
- Publisher: Princeton University Press; Revised edition (August 22, 2011)
- Publication Date: August 22, 2011
- Sold by:Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00FH4IYUW
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.