Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood (5th Edition)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
This is the eBook of the printed book and may not include any media, website access codes, or print supplements that may come packaged with the bound book.
Helps students understand how culture impacts development in adolescence and emerging adulthood.
Grounded in a global cultural perspective (within and outside of the US), this text enriches the discussion with historical context and an interdisciplinary approach, including studies from fields such as anthropology and sociology, in addition to the compelling psychological research on adolescent development. This book also takes into account the period of “emerging adulthood” (ages 18-25), a term coined by the author, and an area of study for which Arnett is a leading expert.
Arnett continues the fifth edition with new and updated studies, both U.S. and international. With Pearson’s MyDevelopmentLab Video Series and Powerpoints embedded with video, students can experience a true cross-cultural experience.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience— for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – The new MyDevelopmentLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking - Students learn to think critically about the influence of culture on development with pedagogical features such as Culture Focus boxes and Historical Focus boxes.
- Engage Students – Arnett engages students with cross cultural research and examples throughout. MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation, allows students to apply the concepts they are learning to their own "virtual teen."
- Explore Research – “Research Focus” provides students with a firm grasp of various research methods and helps them see the impact that methods can have on research findings.
- Support Instructors – This program provides instructors with unbeatable resources, including video embedded PowerPoints and the new MyDevelopmentLab that includes cross-cultural videos and MyVirtualTeen, an interactive simulation that allows you to raise a child from birth to age 18. An easy to use Instructor’s Manual, a robust test bank, and an online test generator (MyTest) are also available. All of these materials may be packaged with the text upon request.
Note: MyDevelopmentLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyDevelopmentLab, please visit: www.mydevelopmentlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MyDevelopmentlab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205911854/ ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205911851.
Click here for a short walkthrough video on MyVirtualTeen! http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51B144F17A36FF25&feature=plcp
- File Size: 45219 KB
- Print Length: 504 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 2 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Pearson; 5 edition (July 2, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009XSID9U
- ISBN: 020589951X
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.