A Guide for Nursing Home Social Workers, Second Edition
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
"Beaulieu’s decades of social work practice illuminate every chapter, her years of networking with colleagues in Massachusetts and nationwide enhance every paragraph, and nuggets of insight earned through successfully establishing meaningful relationships with residents and families are reflected in every word. She knows her stuff and through this book shares it with others who are committed to enhancing the quality of life of nursing home residents through excellent social work services."
From the Foreword by Mercedes Bern-Klug, PhD, MSW, MA The University of Iowa School of Social Work
This completely updated guide for nursing home social workers reflects the latest political, economic, and cultural trends and requirements for nursing home facilities and how they impact social workers. It is the most comprehensive guide to nursing home social work available and includes new chapters on changing expectations and new models for nursing home facilities (including the patient-centered facility), disaster planning, pain in older adults, and families and next of kin as legal representatives. Also included are policies that have been revised or added since the previous edition was published, including information about the new Minimum Data Set (MDS 3.0) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and updated content on dementia, depression, elder abuse, and more.
- Comprises the most comprehensive guide to nursing home social work available
- Includes new chapters on culture and diversity; spirituality; disaster planning; pain in older adults; new models for nursing homes; and families as legal representatives
- Provides new information about MDS 3.0 and HIPAA
- Contains helpful forms for assessments, screenings, transfer/discharge notes, new HIPAA forms, and many others
- File Size: 890 KB
- Print Length: 409 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 082619348X
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2 edition (June 21, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008R6MIKY
- ISBN: 082619348X