A Companion to Werner Herzog (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
A Companion to Werner Herzog showcases over two dozen original scholarly essays examining nearly five decades of filmmaking by one of the most acclaimed and innovative figures in world cinema.
- First collection in twenty years dedicated to examining Herzog’s expansive career
- Features essays by international scholars and Herzog specialists
- Addresses a broad spectrum of the director’s films, from his earliest works such as Signs of Life and Fata Morgana to such recent films as The Bad Lieutenant and Encounters at the End of the World
- Offers creative, innovative approaches guided by film history, art history, and philosophy
- Includes a comprehensive filmography that also features a list of the director’s acting appearances and opera productions
- Explores the director’s engagement with music and the arts, his self-stylization as a global filmmaker, his Bavarian origins, and even his love-hate relationship with the actor Klaus Kinski
- File Size: 3634 KB
- Print Length: 644 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (March 30, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007RSUL9I
- ISBN: 1405194405