A Companion to Contemporary Britain: 1939-2000 (Blackwell Companions to British History)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
A Companion to Contemporary Britain covers the key themes and debates of 20th-century history from the outbreak of the Second World War to the end of the century.
- Assesses the impact of the Second World War
- Looks at Britain’s role in the wider world, including the legacy of Empire, Britain’s ‘special relationship’ with the United States, and integration with continental Europe
- Explores cultural issues, such as class consciousness, immigration and race relations, changing gender roles, and the impact of the mass media
- Covers domestic politics and the economy
- Introduces the varied perspectives dominating historical writing on this period
- Identifies the key issues which are likely to fuel future debate
- File Size: 7121 KB
- Print Length: 604 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (May 1, 2005)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000VSOY4Y
- ISBN: 0631220402