A Companion to Border Studies (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
A Companion to Border Studies introduces an exciting and expanding field of interdisciplinary research, through the writing of an international array of scholars, from diverse perspectives that include anthropology, development studies, geography, history, political science and sociology.
- Explores how nations and cultural identities are being transformed by their dynamic, shifting borders where mobility is sometimes facilitated, other times impeded or prevented
- Offers an array of international views which together form an authoritative guide for students, instructors and researchers
- Reflects recent significant growth in the importance of understanding the distinctive characteristics of borders and frontiers, including cross-border cooperation, security and controls, migration and population displacements, hybridity, and transnationalism
- File Size: 2110 KB
- Print Length: 641 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1405198931
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (March 28, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007Q4LWI2
- ISBN: 1405198931