50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology: Shattering Widespread Misconceptions about Human Behavior (Great Myths of Psychology)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
50 Great Myths of Popular Psychology uses popular myths as a vehicle for helping students and laypersons to distinguish science from pseudoscience.
- Uses common myths as a vehicle for exploring how to distinguish factual from fictional claims in popular psychology
- Explores topics that readers will relate to, but often misunderstand, such as ‘opposites attract’, ‘people use only 10% of their brains’, and ‘handwriting reveals your personality’
- Provides a ‘mythbusting kit’ for evaluating folk psychology claims in everyday life
- Teaches essential critical thinking skills through detailed discussions of each myth
- Includes over 200 additional psychological myths for readers to explore
Contains an Appendix of useful Web Sites for examining psychological myths
- Features a postscript of remarkable psychological findings that sound like myths but that are true
- Engaging and accessible writing style that appeals to students and lay readers alike
- File Size: 1225 KB
- Print Length: 354 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (September 19, 2011)
- Publication Date: September 19, 2011
- Sold by:Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005UNUNPY
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.