25 Essential Windows Home Server Projects
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
25 Essential Windows Home Server Projects is We Got Served’s must-have guide to getting the most from Microsoft’s Windows Home Server platform.
Written for both Windows Home Server v1 and WHS 2011 users, 25 Essential Windows Home Server Projects is the product of months of research into thousands of We Got Served features, product reviews, reader comments and forum posts to select and then create a series of 25 comprehensive, but easy to follow project walkthroughs for the popular home server operating system.
Written by trusted home server experts Terry Walsh and Jim Clark, 25 Essential Windows Home Server Projects is the perfect next step for anyone who has mastered the basics of working with Windows Home Server and is seeking to do more with the product. Illustrated with hundreds of screenshots, the eBook walks through topics such as CD, DVD and Blu-ray ripping, creation of media libraries, automatic metadata collation and management, Windows Home Server support for Bittorrent and SABnzbd download clients, media streaming to remote devices, TV recording and archiving, remote backup, smartphone/tablet integration and much more.
Spread over 650 A4 pages (in the PDF Edition, ePub pagination varies by device) the full list of projects for WHS v1 & 2011 novices and experts alike includes:
1. Run a Windows Home Server Application as a Service
2. Create a Windows Home Server Powered DVR
3. Use Windows Home Server as a File Downloader with SABnzbd
4. Add Print Server Features to Windows Home Server
5. Share Your Printer With Devices Across the Network
6. Install a BitTorrent Client
7. Install PHP and MySQL on Windows Home Server
8. Install a WordPress Blog on Windows Home Server
9. Stream Music and Video Remotely to SmartPhone, Tablets or Computers
10. Create a Windows Home Server Wiki
11. Install a Forum on Windows Home Server
12. Manage Your Music Metadata
13. View Your Home Server’s Files and Folders on Tablets and Smartphones
14. Stream Video From Windows Home Server to Apple TV
15. Backup Your Files Remotely to Windows Home Server Using VPN
16. Build a Kick Ass Home Server From Scratch
17. Stream Media Effortlessly to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3
18. Automatically Collate and Manage Movie and TV Metadata
19. Upgrade Remote Access to Manage Windows PCs and Macs from Tablets and Smartphones
20. Rip CDs the Easy Way
21. Create a Movie Library From DVD and Blu-ray Disc
22. Manage Your Home Server Movie Library From PC & Tablet
23. Manage and Record Video From Network Surveillance Cameras
24. Protect Your Home Server With an Anti-Virus Agent
25. Install Your Own Mail Server on Windows Home Server
Each project includes sections for Windows Home Server v1 and WHS 2011, so all 25 projects can be completed on either platform.
Whether you’re a new Windows Home Server 2011 user, or a long-time Windows Home Server v1 owner who "set and forgot" a long time ago, 25 Essential Windows Home Server Projects will give you fresh ideas, inspiration and guidance to create the digital home hub you always dreamed was possible.
- File Size: 10059 KB
- Print Length: 549 pages
- Publisher: We Got Served (April 12, 2012)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B007TYD2IC