120 Content Strategies for English Language Learners: Teaching for Academic Success in Secondary School (2nd Edition) (Teaching Strategies Series)
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
Written by renowned author, Jodi Reiss, 120 Content Area Strategies for Teaching English Language learners offers practical instructional and assessment strategies built on a strong foundation of second language acquisition theories and principles that you can easily incorporate into your daily classroom instruction. These strategies address how to build background knowledge and learning strategies, read for comprehension, give clear instructions, assess learning, consider culture & its impact on learning, and more. All 120 strategies are concise and easy to follow with helpful guides to help you maximize your secondary students’ performance potential in the content areas at every level of English language development.
New to this Edition:
- 15 new practical applications
- Substantial additions in areas of reading the textbook, review techniques and products, and questioning techniques for increased participation
- Expanded and updated TechConnection websites
- Book Club section with questions for self-directed discussion
- Chart of select strategies cross-referenced with core content areas in addition to previously included chart of strategies that support the four language skills
- File Size: 3758 KB
- Print Length: 216 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 2 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Pearson; 2 edition (June 15, 2011)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008VIXJP6
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.