101 Careers in Public Health
The ebook format is available for PC or Mac, iPad, iPod Touch, smartphone, Kindle, Kindle Fire, Nook, or any other ereader.
"First rate advice."–APHA
- What sort of training do you need to work in public health?
- What kinds of jobs are out there right now?
- And what exactly is an epidemiologist, anyway?
Answering these questions and more, this career guide provides an overview of the numerous options in public health and the many different roads to get there. Whether you’re a student who wants to launch a career or a professional looking to change careers, this guide offers an easy introduction to the field. It details the training, salary ranges, and degree requirements for each job, and alerts readers to alternative pathways beyond the traditional MPH.<P.THROUGH 101 Careers in Public Health helps you follow your interests, find the right job, and make a difference.Key Features
- Includes a detailed guide to educational paths, options, and training requirements at the bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD levels
- Offers guidance on navigating the job market, with information on both traditional and nontraditional pathways-and tips on landing the job you want
- Provides descriptions of careers in disease prevention, environmental health, disaster preparedness, nutrition, education, public safety, and many more
- Includes interviews with public health professionals who offer details of their day-to-day lives on the job
- File Size: 609 KB
- Print Length: 392 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0826117686
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 1 edition (September 28, 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004V3BI1M
- ISBN: 0826117686